December 8th

Smencils Sale – Wednesday, Dec. 13th

Report Card Updates

Please see the message below from Mr. Zielinski:

Below are some changes we have noticed specifically for 4th grade:

• There are no letter grades on this report card. We are hoping to have those back for the second trimester. Grades have not changed much since the progress report sent home last week. If you have any questions, please let me know and I can send home a progress report again.
  • The writing grade will now include spelling. Spelling will no longer be on the next report card as its own class (it was not supposed to show up on this report card, so I apologize for it appearing blank).
  • The writing grade still encompasses grammar skills, even though that is not a standard specifically listed.

Thank you for your patience as we work through the new report cards. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Snowball Volunteers needed!

The Snowball Dance is coming up on December 14th. If you are able to volunteer, please see the link below. Thank you!

Sign Up Genius

Snowball Gif - IceGif

Spirit Week

Learning Calendar

Journeys Week 13 – Antarctic Journal

Every week your child will read an anchor text as well as a paired text. The anchor text is used to work on fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary skills and strategies. The paired text may be similar in theme and or genre. This text will reinforce vocabulary usage. Student understanding of the anchor text and vocabulary will be assessed on Fridays.

Students will also work on grammar and spelling throughout the week. Assigned spelling words will also be assessed on Fridays.

The weekly story (with audio recording), spelling, and vocabulary lists are posted to Google Classroom weekly.

Important Note: Due to the weekly MSTEP vocabulary words, there will be no Journey’s vocabulary quizzes.