October 26th – October 30th

Reminder: Friday, October 30th is a Half-Day (Dismissal at 11:30am)

Students may wear orange or black shirts to school on Friday, Oct. 30th. We are asking that no treats/goodies be sent into school. 

In addition to Halloween, I do like to reward the students with a movie from time to time and it seems that many Disney and other movies are rated PG. I will make sure that I choose movies that are appropriate for fourth graders. Please let me know in writing if you’d prefer your child not view PG rated movies, so that I may make other arrangements.

English Language Arts

Every week your child will read an anchor text as well as a paired text. The anchor text is used to work on fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary skills and strategies. The paired text may be similar in theme and or genre. This text will reinforce vocabulary usage. Student understanding of the anchor text and vocabulary will be assessed on Fridays.

Students will also work on grammar and spelling throughout the week. Assigned spelling words will also be assessed on Fridays.

Please see the newsletter below for more specific information about this week:

Math In Focus Chapter 3: Whole Number Multiplication and Division

Chapter 3 explores whole number multiplication and division. As you may have already noticed in previous years, math lessons are progressive and build upon one another. Our Math in Focus multiplication and division lessons require students to understand place value concepts in order to demonstrate their knowledge of multiplication and division using different methods.

If you would like to get a better understanding of these concepts to help your child at home, click below for the Chapter 3 Home Connections Letter.

Ch.-3-Home-Connections